From the simplest design to the most complex roof, Belmont Timber excels in the manufacture of engineered timber trusses.
Our trusses are manufactured from either untreated or treated radiata pine from plantation forest with F27 kiln-dried hardwood when required in the truss design using Mitek engineering software, by our qualified and experienced team of Estimators and Detailers.
Timber Trusses for Roof Framing
Trusses are pre-fabricated, triangulated wooden structures used to support the roof. Trusses are quite common these days because they have five big advantages from the builder's standpoint:
- Trusses are incredibly strong.
- Because they are built to the Australian Engineering Standards, they are generally a lot less expensive than the alternative.
- You can have just about any shape custom-built, and this allows interesting features like cathedral ceilings at low cost.
- You can span a large distance with a truss and the truss transmits all of the weight to the exterior walls. Therefore, none of the interior walls are "load-bearing," so they can go anywhere and are easily moved later.
- Truss installation and erection is very quick.
Nowhere in the world are there more demands placed on roofing than in Australia. The stresses of cyclones, inclement weather and extremes of temperature, the space to indulge creative architectural design, and the overriding need in most projects to keep within a well defined budget, all place their particular challenges on roof designs.
The beauty of prefabricated roof trusses produced by Belmont Timber is that they can answer all these demands and more. For a start, trusses manufactured using Mitek Australia Ltd design software and proven building products are extremely flexible. From the very simple to the complex, take a look at just a basic list of roof styles which MiTek trusses and computer systems can handle.
We welcome all trade enquiries by phone, fax or email.